[syslinux] Embedding com32 modules and ldlinux.sys into one file

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 03:13:33 PST 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 2:05 AM, H. Peter Anvin via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> On January 19, 2016 12:24:50 PM PST, Tal Lubko <tallubko at yahoo.com> wrote:

I agree with HPA that there's likely nothing this accomplishes.
Burning the boot loader into the system firmware chip (BIOS or UEFI)
means it's now difficult to tune/upgrade, not protected from changes.

Security is a broad topic.  It's about protecting _something_ from
_who/what_ doing _an_action_ and/or observing when it might occur.

--
-Gene