[syslinux] Syslinux Text menu not redrawing/resetting the screen

Bhasker C V bhasker at unixindia.com
Fri Jul 8 01:19:21 PDT 2016

Hi,

 I have been using syslinux on my portable disk with success on many
types of machines  (both bios boot and EFI boot)

 I however hit a small issue recently

 If I use menu.c32, on some UEFI systems (HP) the menu does not appear
after the vendor splash screen. The system however goes ahead and
after the timeout configured in the menu system syslinux boots the
kernel. I can then (after kernel is loaded) see the kernel messages

 If I change menu.c32 to vesamenu.c32, the menu is now displayed.
 I think menu.c32 must reset the display which is missing ?

Is there a config line where I can explicitly reset the display so
that the text menu is shown compulsarily ?

Thanks
Bhasker C V