[syslinux] build problems with 6.04-pre1

balducci at units.it balducci at units.it
Sun Mar 6 03:48:20 PST 2016

hello

> apologies if I'm missing something here

I must really apologise for the noise

I eventually found the origin of the problems mentioned in my previous
post, and the culprit wasn't syslinux!

I use a script to build and install syslinux and in this script I was
exporting a FIRMWARE variable like this:

     export FIRMWARE="bios"

A variable called FIRMWARE is also used in syslinux's Makefiles and
having it defined (to "bios") in the environment caused the problems.

Changing FIRMWARE to GB_FIRMWARE in my script fixed everything and
build/install completed without a glitch (as always).

I can add that I was using this script since quite a long time and never
experienced problems: 6.04-pre1 must have introduced some change in
some  Makefile that  caused the  problems.

Again, I'm very sorry for the noise

thanks a lot for maintaining and making publicly available syslinux

ciao
gabriele