[syslinux] Anyone know whats up with wiki?

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 14:28:57 PST 2016

On 2/26/2016 07:37, Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> 1_ At the bottom-center, of each wiki page, there used to be a:
>   "This page has been accessed 'N' times."
>
> message, in which 'N' was a number that (I think) comes from setting:
>
> $wgDisableCounters = true;

It is there, now.  Sorry, but due to MediaWiki chaos, the statistics are
starting fresh from today.

> Additionally, there used to be a "Special:PopularPages" page, available
> as an item at:
>
> Special Pages -> Data and Tools -> (Wiki) Popular Pages

It is there, now.

> These two seem to be separate features in the wiki, but of course they
> are related.
>

> 2_ Additional links that are not in the Special Pages wiki page anymore
> (and they used to be):
>
> _ Special Pages -> Lists of pages -> Pages linking to disambiguation
> pages
>
>     ( Special:Disambiguations )

It is there, now.

> _ Special Pages -> Media reports and uploads -> File path
>
>     ( Special:ListFiles )

It is there, now.

> _ Special Pages -> High use pages -> Most linked-to templates
>
>     ( Special:MostLinkedTemplates )

Do you use this?  It's proving difficult to track down.

> 3_ Additionally, the current layout of the Special Pages wiki page
> seems to be one column of links (under each section / subtitle of the
> page). The layout for this page used to be a list of links (under each
> section) distributed in two columns (not one).
>
> This is not critical, but perhaps there are other layouts that used to
> be different and that now might have some impact on readers, browsers,
> the presentation of certain wiki pages and so on. So, it would be nice
> to have a similar layout as it used to be (not just in the Special
> Pages wiki page, but any other that might have been in use in other
> pages; I wish I knew more details).

I do not observe the same thing.  I observe two columns.

> This is what I have found for now. I hope that these comments might
> help fully reconstruct the wiki.

Thank you for these findings, Ady.

- Shao Miller
https://synthetel.ca