[syslinux] Module Versioning

Pete Batard pete at akeo.ie
Mon Mar 7 06:31:02 PST 2016

Actually, as you may have questions with some elements you'll see in the
log, and especially:

Detected Syslinux version: 6.03/20150819 (from '/EFI/BOOT/isolinux.bin')

So I should point out that EFI/grub is actually used by the tails people
to chain load EFI/Syslinux (hence the ldlinux.e64, ldlinux.c32 as well
as isolinux.bin one also sees in /efi/boot/).

As a result, in the previously attached log, the Syslinux version is
retrieved from /efi/boot/isolinux.bin rather than
/isolinux/isolinux.bin... which probably serves my point about some of
the fragility of this process, in case different 'isolinux.bin' versions
are being used, though this is a path processing issue that has little
to do with versioning.

Regards,

/Pete