[syslinux] Module Versioning... and other things

Shao Miller sha0.miller at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 10:28:58 PST 2016

On 3/8/2016 07:23, Pete Batard via Syslinux wrote:
> [...] the merging of ldlinux.sys and isolinux.bin, which I would very
> much like to rally people on this list into seeing as beneficial. [...]

My understanding is that isolinux.bin and ldlinux.bin are pretty much
twins[1].  If I understand correctly, you'd like the latter to be tacked
onto the former because people are too stupid to put both on the ISOs
that they are too stupid to anticipate might have USB disks derived
from.  Is that a rough understanding of the cause that you are rallying
for?  - Shao

[1] There are obviously differences, including that the former has extra
optical-disc-boot goodness