[syslinux] Syslinux 6.04-pre1

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Mar 8 15:00:04 PST 2016

On 03/08/2016 02:53 PM, Gene Cumm wrote:

> Poma, in my opinion, this behavior means it's your/Fedora's responsibility
> to propose a change that distinguishes between broken and working NASM
> 2.11.06 or revert the commit in your/Fedora's build.

Yes, it is highly problematic to have especially build tools with
version numbers that don't match upstream having different capabilities.

It is further problematic that other bug fixes isn't pulled in.  2.11.06
is missing quite a few.  As NASM maintainer, I would be happy to work
with distributors to see what needs to be done to have a proper
maintenance branch.