[syslinux] Anyone know whats up with wiki?

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 11 06:51:27 PST 2016

> On 3/11/2016 08:36, Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> > [...]
> > Thank you for taking care of the other issues in the wiki.
>
> You're welcome.  I'm sorry that there appear to be additional concerns.
> Some of these are certainly more relevant in MediaWiki fora, as you've
> already acknowledged.

Yes, this is not about the Syslinux wiki specifically. This matter
affects all wikis using mediawiki.

> You haven't specifically asked me, but having had some involvement with
> it, I will type: I can help the Syslinux wiki to meet MediaWiki
> expectations, but I'm afraid that it's too much of a stretch for me to
> be involved with helping MediaWiki to meet its users' expectations, even
> where those users are Syslinux community-members such as yourself.

There are several Linux distributions using mediawiki for their
documentation and users' support. There is one wiki that is very
popular even for users of other distros, with several of its users
being involved daily in its maintenance.

Considering that the pre-formatted text is very frequently used in this
type of wikis, I am hoping someone with enough knowledge / contacts
will realize that this matter affects many users of many wikis and will
decide to act, or at least comment here.

By posting here (in the context of our recent update to a newer
mediawiki version) I am trying to raise awareness, after having failed
to have any kind of reply at #mediawiki. Perhaps there are more
appropriate channels - reading some of mediawiki's mailing list
archives, I don't even know which one would be actually helpful for
this matter.

> I will leave your hope intact, below. :)
>
> > [...]
> > So I thought, maybe there is someone here that might be able to help,
> > or that might have the possibility to contact more knowledgeable
> > people. Any clue / tip / suggestion is welcome.

Still hoping,
Ady.