[syslinux] Adding image file support for Windows

Phil Garcia phil at thinkedge.com
Sat Mar 12 10:16:50 PST 2016

Hi Shao -

SYSLINUX would only need to find the ldlinux.sys file within an existing
virtual disk image with a FAT filesystem and patch it appropriately. On
Linux, it can already do this. Thus no NTFS required, no special drivers,
and no administrator privileges.

I wrote a tool that does this for Syslinux v3.72, but by v6.03 the data
structures changed significantly. Rather than re-invest in updating the
tool, it would be better to add this feature upstream into SYSLINUX.