[syslinux] Adding image file support for Windows

Phil Garcia phil at thinkedge.com
Sat Mar 12 11:41:35 PST 2016

I'm apologize if I was not clear.  Let me restart with the use case:

I have a raw disk image file which already has a master boot record (MBR)
created, fat filesystem as the first partition, and the associated SYSLINUX
files (ldlinux.sys, mboot.c32, syslinux.cfg) on the filesystem. The MBR code
and fat boot code (ldlinux.bin) are already been written to the disk image
as well. However, this is not sufficient to actually boot an operating
system. The ldlinux.sys file and fat boot sector still need to be patched.
This is what the the syslinux_patch() function in syslxmod.c does.

In the end, I would to execute "syslinux.exe --install disk.img" on Windows.