[syslinux] Updated status on UEFI compliant version of the pxechn-module

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 19 11:58:27 PDT 2016

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 01:48:52PM +0000, Patrick Masotta via Syslinux wrote:
> > > Paulo wrote:
> > > BTW, some time ago I reworked the disk handling API to also support
> > > UEFI and then linking it against gnu-efi library. Patrick, I don't
> > > know what exactly you did, but follow what I did:
> > >
> > > http://git.zytor.com/users/pcacjr/syslinux.git/commit/?h=com32-disk-uefi&id=a29ec41c953cea84261b820cd469b090453125f4
> > > Paulo
> >
> > Patch "I" allows core to "run" the .efi extension.
> >
> > Patch "II" adds to com32 modules visibility to the gnu-efi library (only when required)
> >

> Please retransmit those two patches.
>

> Groeten
> Geert Stappers
> --
> Leven en laten leven

The 2 patches were already referenced:

 EFI image booting capabilities
 http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2015-February/023288.html

 EFI access from Com32 modules
 http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2015-March/023320.html

FWIW, there were additional proposed patches during the same period;
whether any of those other patches are worth additional review (too) or
any additional comment, that's beyond my knowledge / understanding.

Regards,
Ady.