[syslinux] Changes to get CD to boot on EFI System.

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Thu Mar 24 23:20:50 PDT 2016

Hi,

H. Peter Anvin wrote:
> Look for a "legacy boot" option; otherwise you need the CD-ROM to have
> the EFI version of Syslinux or another bootloader on it

The "another bootloader" is clear to me.

But what are the prescriptions for preparing a SYSLINUX EFI System
Partition that boots out of a CD ?
(Those built according to
   http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Install#UEFI
 are known not to be able to do this.)

Do you know examples (ready ISOs or production software for ISOs)
which use SYSLINUX for EFI together with ISOLINUX and do not
have to contain a full-fledged operating system in the ESP ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas