[syslinux] Boot prompt ignored

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Sun May 1 03:55:49 PDT 2016

On Sun, May 1, 2016 at 5:58 AM, Alexander Freudenberg via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:
> Using a boot prompt without a menu makes Syslinux 6.03-6 booting the default

The version appears to be a distribution-specific number.

> label only, ignoring the label that was entered. Auto completion of the

Using the official builds (documented at
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Download and available at
https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/boot/syslinux/ ) and my
personal builds, I've never seen this.

> defined labels works, though. Can anyone confirm this?

Could you post your entire config?  If you have a short and simple
config with ~2-3 LABELs that demonstrates your observations, that'd be
excellent.

> Further, removing the DEFAULT <label> definition makes Syslinux panic,

Panic?  Do you really mean "refuse to boot anything"

> ignoring any boot label or command entered. Instead, without a default, I'd
> expect it to wait for user input, thus ignoring the TIMEOUT variable.

Quite odd but makes me think it's a distribution-specific issue or
consequence of your configuration that I've never seen.

--
-Gene