[syslinux] Trying to build bootable iso but very confused by syslinux documentation

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Mon May 2 21:27:04 PDT 2016

At https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch is

| Create the Cd Image Directory and Populate it
|
| There are 4 packages that need to be installed on the Host System
| which provide the tools to make the Cd image. Syslinux contains
| isolinux which makes the Cd bootable. Squashfs-tools will compress
| the image. Genisoimage provides mkisofs tool to turn a directory into
| a CD image. So install syslinux, squashfs-tools, mkisofs and sbm.
|
|   sudo apt-get install syslinux squashfs-tools genisoimage

I did install genisoimage on a Debian system and is misses indeed `mkisofs`,
so must likely also no `mkisofs` in the Ubuntu package.

I don't know if `xorrisofs` superseeds `mkisofs`.

Subject: Re: [syslinux] Trying to build bootable iso but very confused by syslinux documentation

It is the syslinux documentation that we, this mailinglist, can update.

Where is the part that got you confused?

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--
Leven en laten leven