[syslinux] PXERETRY directive

Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 07:27:06 PDT 2016

> >> Both pxelinux.0 and lpxelinux.0.  The others have the variable but no
> >> functions that read it.
> >>

> > Thank you very much.
> >
> > This is the first time I read about a directive that is usable under
> > BIOS but not under UEFI.
> >
> > Is
> >
> >  ./com32/elflink/ldlinux/readconfig.c
> >
> > only for BIOS?
>
> The above file is for ALL variants.  The parameter is parsed by all
> variants.  The variable is present in all variants.  The variable is
> adjusted by the directive in all variants.  The variable is read ONLY
> by the two BIOS PXE variants at this time.
>
> --
> -Gene

OK, TY. As I said, this is the first time I read about different
_directives_ support between BIOS vs. UEFI variants (except perhaps for
known bugs and regressions).

Is this difference a bug? Was it supposed / expected to be supported in
UEFI too? Or is it that the method / implementation / protocol /
conditions / whatever being used to repeat the request for files is not
the same under UEFI than it is for BIOS?

Should an enhancement request be opened in bugzilla.syslinux.org ? Is
it really necessary for this particular case?

TIA,
Ady.