[syslinux] Alternating boot default entry every reboot

james harvey jamespharvey20 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 22:04:24 PDT 2016

Yes, sorry, I meant to mention you'd need a second version of the
script and systemd .service file that would change it back.  So, one
on each system which could toggle the default depending on whatever
criteria you wanted, so you could build in more than a straight-up
toggle.

But, then I read your message more closely, and see you did mention in
addition to linux, also running Windows or OSX.  That probably knocks
out my idea.  Or at least makes it much more complicated.  I'm sure
there's some way to mount the boot partition and edit the .cfg on
Windows and OSX, but I'm also sure it wouldn't be trivial.