[syslinux] Compilation of syslinux against musl libc

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 3 09:17:32 PST 2017

> Hello,
>
> I wanted to ask if there's a reason efi/wrapper.{h,c} use __uint*_t
> instead of including stdint.h and using the therein defined uint*_t
> types? This breaks compilation of the efi blobs on systems with the musl
> libc since that doesn't define __uint*_t types.
>
> --
> Simon Thelen

FWIW...

As a simple quick basic test, I took the efi32 binaries (syslinux.efi
and ldlinux.e32, version 6.04-pre1) from alpinelinux (which uses musl)
and put them in a FAT 1440KiB floppy image using the default UEFI path.

While booting a VM with such floppy image in EFI mode, I arrive to the
syslinux boot prompt.

I have not attempted to execute any kernel, nor any c32 module, but the
most basic functionality (i.e. booting to the boot prompt) worked, so I
assume that the binaries were successfully built (i.e. if there was
some building issue, it was not completely catastrophic).

Regards,
Ady.