[syslinux] Compilation of syslinux against musl libc

Simon Thelen syslinux at a.c-14.de
Sun Dec 3 09:46:22 PST 2017

On 17-12-03 at 17:17, Ady Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> FWIW...
>
> As a simple quick basic test, I took the efi32 binaries (syslinux.efi
> and ldlinux.e32, version 6.04-pre1) from alpinelinux (which uses musl)
> and put them in a FAT 1440KiB floppy image using the default UEFI path.
>
> While booting a VM with such floppy image in EFI mode, I arrive to the
> syslinux boot prompt.
>
> I have not attempted to execute any kernel, nor any c32 module, but the
> most basic functionality (i.e. booting to the boot prompt) worked, so I
> assume that the binaries were successfully built (i.e. if there was
> some building issue, it was not completely catastrophic).
I actually checked this and Alpine linux uses the pre-built binary blobs
that lie in the syslinux tarfile [1]. It only builds the installer
target and then installs the files without building the subdirs target
thereby bypassing the build failure in the efi subdirectory.

[1]: https://git.alpinelinux.org/cgit/aports/tree/main/syslinux/APKBUILD

--
Simon Thelen