[syslinux] FW: Help for setting up windows unattended installation

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 15:53:05 PST 2017

On Wed, Dec 6, 2017 at 2:58 PM, Kenneth Vandbæk <valnurat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have changed my setup.menu file as mentioned, but I get this error now:
>
> command line: "BOOT_IMAGE= wimboot
> initrd=Windows7SP2/boot/bcd,Windows7SP2/boot/boot.sdi,Windows7SP2/sources/boot.wim"
> Unrecognised argument
> "initrd=Windows7SP2/boot/bcd,Windows7SP2/boot/boot.sdi,Windows7SP2/sources/boot.wim"
> Press a key to reboot...
>
> My setup.menu file looks like this now.
>
> # Setup.Menu Begin
> MENU TITLE Setup Menu
> LABEL MainMenu
>   MENU LABEL ^Return to Main Menu
>   MENU GOTO .top
>
> LABEL E6320
>   MENU LABEL ^Latitude E6320
>   KERNEL wimboot
>   append
> initrd=Windows7SP2/boot/bcd,Windows,7SP2/boot/boot.sdi,Windows7SP2/sources/boot.wim
> # Setup.Menu End
>
> What should I do now?

Apparently wimboot is intolerant of this particular commandline style.

SYSLINUX appears intolerant of this style which is probably more in
tune with what wimboot likes:

LABEL E6320
  MENU LABEL ^Latitude E6320
  KERNEL wimboot
  APPEND initrd=Windows7SP2/boot/bcd initrd=Windows7SP2/boot/boot.sdi
initrd=Windows7SP2/sources/boot.wim

SYSLINUX only loads the first file.  It seems you'll need to load iPXE
(unless someone else knows a workaround...)

--
-Gene