[syslinux] Boot into dos

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 22 05:24:00 PST 2017

> How can I boot into dos with different kinds of dos command with PXELinux?
>
> My menu is working fine, but I'm not sure what I should add to run into dos.
>
> My fixes.menu looks like this:
>

> # Menu Start
>  MENU TITLE Fixes Menu
>
>  LABEL MainMenu
>    MENU LABEL ^Return to Main Menu
>    MENU GOTO .top
>
>  LABEL dosutils
>    MENU LABEL ^File system check
> # Menu end
>
> Br
> Kenneth

The DOS "system" files must be located on a filesystem supported by
DOS; for broader/st compatibility, that would be a medium-sized FAT16
volume.

Generally speaking, you could have different FAT images loaded by
MEMDISK one at a time, or, alternatively, the DOS "system" files would
need to be located on the FAT boot partition and use chain.c32.

See:

_ www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/MEMDISK

_ www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Comboot/chain.c32

_ www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Doc/chain