[syslinux] tftpd: don't use AI_ADDRCONFIG to resolve addresses to bind(2)

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Tue Feb 14 11:17:06 PST 2017

Okay, let me chime in here.

AI_ADDRCONFIG seems to be the Wrong Thing[TM].
AI_PASSIVE seems to be the Right Thing[TM].

Part of the problem is that the fallback code for the case of
getaddrinfo() not being there is braindead, and of course the original
code used to use gethostbyname() directly.  I already have a much better
fallback version of getaddrinfo() written which would let us make much
better use of the getaddrinfo() interface,

Now, what I want to know is why you are specifying the accept-all
address explicitly as 0.0.0.0 instead of an empty string.