[syslinux] Where's the formal syntax?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Thu Jun 22 16:06:25 PDT 2017

Le 22/06/2017 à 23:52, eas lab via Syslinux a écrit :
> I've been using linux:TC from a USBstik in order to not break the M$ capability,
> as previously always happened. Since TC runs in RAM, it has many extra
> problems; like reinstalling all the apps and your private settings at each boot.
> The sample isolinux.cfg which I've been emailed by the oficianado
> is very unfamiliar and worrying.    Where is the official syntax ?

I assume that you are speaking about Tiny Core Linux. Is that right?

By the way it would help to give such basic information when you post.
So we would not need to guess.

Maybe this issue would be better address to Tiny Core devs
or to the "oficionado" who sent you the sample isolinux.cfg.

However, the syntax of the configuration files is described here:
http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Doc/syslinux#CONFIGURATION_FILE

Oh and you can have a live system on an USB stick that remembers all the
changes you made to your system, that is called 'persistence'.

Most live system offer that feature nowadays, I don't know about Tiny
Core but you could ask n their forum:
http://forum.tinycorelinux.net/index.php

Best regards,
Didier

PS Nothing new wrt your other issue "install from USB stick A to USB
stick B"?