[syslinux] Module Versioning

intrigeri intrigeri at boum.org
Thu Jun 29 11:45:44 PDT 2017

Hi,

Pete Batard via Syslinux:
> Considering that this is the Syslinux mailing list, it might be a tactless question
> to ask, but is there any reason why you chose to deviate from the Debian boot
> process, and not use GRUB alone for UEFI

It felt simpler to stick to one single bootloader (syslinux), back
then. And then we had to add GRUB for 32-bit UEFI. So yeah, some day
we should unify this. Possibly with syslinux, possibly with GRUB.
But that's clearly not high on our todo list.

> Especially considering that you then have an issue with the .c32 modules, I am
> curious as to what you you considered to be a serious enough limitation from GRUB, to
> only use it as an intermediate for Syslinux boot.

The cost of migrating to GRUB everywhere was simply higher :)

intrigeri