[syslinux] "isolinux.bin missing or corrupt" when booting USB flash drive in old PC

Thomas Schmitt scdbackup at gmx.net
Tue Mar 21 01:03:35 PDT 2017

Hi,

MartinS wrote:
> appended is a dumper version. I could put up a binery version
> if needed. Let me know if so.

I think we should offer David a binary which he can combine with
the MBR of the ISO and the image with the recognizable blocks.
I will later today upload a binary version of my block producer
and post the URL.

The combination will be:
  432 bytes from Martin's MBR
   80 bytes from the Debian ISO with isolinux block address
  647 MiB from my block producer

Looking at the assembler code:

What's the meaning of
        call    print_string
        .ascii  "Key?\r\n"

How large is the binary currently ?
Would there be room to print the (Cylinder, Head, Sector) address in
case of CBIOS ?

Have a nice day :)

Thomas