[syslinux] I/O error

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 05:15:57 PDT 2017

> Thanks Ady,
>
> tried current master and shortened path to /boot/vmlinuz. Same stuff.
> OSTree doesn't really come into play at this stage, it is just booting
> the kernel. So I would rather suspect that there is something between
> ext4, extlinux and qemu.

It is not completely clear (to me) what exactly fails / is wrong in
your case. If the following is not enough to solve the problem, please
be more specific.

Although the exact error message might vary, please consider whether
the problem / workaround / solution is covered by:

 http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Filesystem#ext

and/or by:

 http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Building

and/or by:

 http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2017-February/025531.html

and/or by current git master head:

 http://repo.or.cz/syslinux.git

Please also note that versions/builds of all Syslinux-related binary
files shall match. A mismatch between bootloader file and c32 module(s)
shall be avoided.

There are additional potential conflicts, but see whether the above
points are enough for you case/needs.

Regards,
Ady.

PS: Please avoid top-posting whenever possible.