[syslinux] I/O error

Anton Gerasimov anton at advancedtelematic.com
Tue Mar 21 08:14:34 PDT 2017

Thanks. I've looked through all the links, and it seems everything is
fine wrt. to what was mentioned there (I've disabled 64 bits in mke2fs,
but it didn't help). I'd be glad to provide more details, but the error
message is the only info I've got by now. It seems nothing else can be
got from syslinux shell without modifiying the code.

I've tried to make it load the kernel image that was build for my host
(originally I was using kernel image built in Yocto) and it did boot, so
maybe this is where the problem is. Looks like adding debug prints can't
be avoided.

Thanks,
Anton

On 03/21/2017 01:15 PM, Ady Ady via Syslinux wrote:
>> Thanks Ady,
>>
>> tried current master and shortened path to /boot/vmlinuz. Same stuff.
>> OSTree doesn't really come into play at this stage, it is just booting
>> the kernel. So I would rather suspect that there is something between
>> ext4, extlinux and qemu.
>>

> It is not completely clear (to me) what exactly fails / is wrong in
> your case. If the following is not enough to solve the problem, please
> be more specific.
>
> Although the exact error message might vary, please consider whether
> the problem / workaround / solution is covered by:
>
>  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Filesystem#ext
>
> and/or by:
>
>  http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php/Building
>
> and/or by:
>
>  http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2017-February/025531.html
>
> and/or by current git master head:
>
>  http://repo.or.cz/syslinux.git
>
> Please also note that versions/builds of all Syslinux-related binary
> files shall match. A mismatch between bootloader file and c32 module(s)
> shall be avoided.
>
> There are additional potential conflicts, but see whether the above
> points are enough for you case/needs.
>
> Regards,
> Ady.
>
> PS: Please avoid top-posting whenever possible.

Anton Gerasimov, ATS Advanced Telematic Systems GmbH
Kantstrasse 162, 10623 Berlin
Managing Directors: Dirk Pöschl, Armin G. Schmidt
Register Court: HRB 151501 B, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg