[syslinux] I/O error

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 21 09:35:27 PDT 2017

> Thanks. I've looked through all the links, and it seems everything is
> fine wrt. to what was mentioned there (I've disabled 64 bits in mke2fs,
> but it didn't help). I'd be glad to provide more details, but the error
> message is the only info I've got by now. It seems nothing else can be
> got from syslinux shell without modifiying the code.
>
> I've tried to make it load the kernel image that was build for my host
> (originally I was using kernel image built in Yocto) and it did boot, so
> maybe this is where the problem is. Looks like adding debug prints can't
> be avoided.
>
> Thanks,
> Anton

A: Because it fouls the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

0_ Please avoid top-posting.

1_ Beware: YOCTO/OE uses a customized Syslinux.

2_ It is still not clear (to me) when exactly the failure occurs. Does
it fail before the bootloader? Is the bootloader itself failing? Is the
_kernel_ not loading, after the bootloader step got already to the boot
prompt?

3_ Perhaps it would help if you would post your entire syslinux.cfg.

4_ Someone might be interested in knowing the exact complete command
line that you are using in qemu (so the situation could be replicated
by others, maybe).

5_ You could also test with a publicly-available kernel that is known
to boot correctly.

Regards,
Ady.