[syslinux] "isolinux.bin missing or corrupt" when booting USB flash drive in old PC

Martin Str|mberg ams at ludd.ltu.se
Thu Mar 23 13:17:27 PDT 2017

 On Thu, Mar 23, 2017 at 09:58:08AM +0100, Thomas Schmitt via Syslinux wrote:
> @Martin:
> Can you provide a binary MBR with the bug fix and diagnostic prints ?
> If we cannot get testing from David then i would be interested to keep
> such an MBR for the next occasion.

Cc:ing David.

Yes, here <http://www.ludd.ltu.se/~ams/tmp/isohdpf_dump.tgz>.

It contains isohdpfd.{S,bin,lst} and isohdpfc.{S,bin,lst}.
isohdpfd is head/sector corrected from the previous one.
isohdpfc is the same but won't even check for EBIOS (similar to
force_cbios).

For David's old machine it shouldn't matter which one he uses.

Would the syslinux project like that I add them somewhere? E. g. in
diag/mbr/? They won't stay forever at the address above.

--
MartinS