[syslinux] Can USB:syslinux install another USBstik?

eas lab lab.eas at gmail.com
Mon May 1 04:45:14 PDT 2017

>Do you mean boot SYSLINUX from stik-A but then load files like a
>kernel/initrd from stikB:partition5? It's possible but only from a
>development version of Syslinux that has the multifs patch merged.

Yes: before my x86MotherBoard & <syslinux>USBstik were stolen, I could
edit the <syslinux prompt> to boot to different partitions of the
attatched IDE & SATA.

Now I've got a laptop, with a USBextention driving a USB to
IDE or SATA adaptor. The 64bitTinyCore/syslinux USBstik looks like:
    /mnt/sdb1/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin  24576bytes <-size
ISOLINUX 4.05 0x4f92e181 . Copyright (C) 1994-2011 H. Peter Anvin et al
.isolinux: .No boot info table, assuming single session disk...
.Spec packet missing LBA information, trying to wing it...
.Found something at drive = .Looks reasonable, continuing...
.Extremely broken BIOS detected, last attempt with drive = .Failed to locate CD-
ROM device; boot failed.
..................that's just showing the initial contents & version.

So I expect this TinyCore/syslinux to also be able to boot my good-old
IDE & SATA installations.

Or if I need a new/different USBstik to boot the 32bit IDE / SAT
installations: HOW2 ?

== TIA