[syslinux] hdt-project.org no IP?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Fri May 5 13:17:09 PDT 2017

Hi,

Le 05/05/2017 à 00:43, Michael D. Setzer II via Syslinux a écrit :
> Unable to determine IP address from host name "www.hdt-project.org"
>
> Getting this today? Not sure what issue is?
> I paid for the renewal back in 08/04/2016 and and in 2015, so the
> domain should be current? But the whois seems to show it is expired?
Here (in an xterm):

didier[~]$ whois hdt-project.org
Domain Name: HDT-PROJECT.ORG
Registry Domain ID: D156056413-LROR
Registrar WHOIS Server:
Registrar URL: http://www.gandi.net
Updated Date: 2017-05-05T01:37:39Z
Creation Date: 2009-05-04T20:20:51Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2018-05-04T20:20:51Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date:
Registrar: Gandi SAS
Registrar IANA ID: 81
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone:
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientHold https://icann.org/epp#clientHold
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Domain Status: autoRenewPeriod https://icann.org/epp#autoRenewPeriod
<snip>

So it shows a Registry Expiry Date next year, but see also
the three Domain Status, explained in this page:
https://icann.org/epp#clientHold

So you could contact Gandi:
https://www.gandi.net/support/contact/
and ask them what the issue is.

But most probably this will be solved with a yearly renewal, that you
should have done already.
Note: in France as in most countries the usual date format is DD MM YYYY,
so 08/04/2016 is understood 08 April 2016, so you should have made the
yearly renewal nearly one month ago if that's what you meant.
Do it ASAP then.

> Went to the gandi site, and it doesn't show a renewal option or
> anything?
See https://www.gandi.net/domaine/renouveler?lang=en

Best regards
Didier

PS I have been a Gandi customer during some years with no issue that
I remember.