[syslinux] Help for setting up windows unattended installation

Locane locane at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 08:09:55 PST 2017

Trust me when I say that setting up WDS and WSUS is a huge project.  At my
work, we had an intern working on it for two weeks and required installing
syslinux (I think) 4.7 on to our CentOS 7.4 server (it shipped with 4.5 or
something) before we could even chain-load to the secondary Windows PXE
server.

Setting up clonezilla to work right under Linux for Windows images is far,
far easier, and I have documentation on how to do that under CentOS I could
dig up and spend some time scrubbing since it's internal.  It's also not
complete - it wouldn't take you from 0 to imaging, but it might demistify
some quirks about the clonezilla options to pick when laying out images and
creating them.

I could also give you the email address of the guy who set up our windows
stuff if you're desperate enough to pay him like a contractor for answering
questions.  He's still in school right now.