[syslinux] core_udp_sendto: no mapping

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 11:14:18 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
<Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 08:42 -0500, Gene Cumm wrote:

>> Bringing the discussion to the list.
>>
>> You stated you see the following on your Lenovo ThinkPad T470s with
>> UEFI firmware N1WET41W (1.20 date: 10/17/2017):
>>

>>   core_udp_sendto: stalling on configure with no mapping
>>

>> OUI 54-E1-AD
>>
>> lspci -s 0:1f.6 -v
>> 00:1f.6 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (4)
>> I219-V (rev 21)
>>         Subsystem: Lenovo Ethernet Connection (4) I219-V
>>         Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 125
>>         Memory at dc200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
>>         Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
>>         Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
>>         Capabilities: [e0] PCI Advanced Features
>>         Kernel driver in use: e1000e
>>         Kernel modules: e1000e
>>
>> This might be the only wired NIC but there's possibly multiple device
>> handles to it and possibly a device handle to the wrong NIC
>> (wireless).
>>
>> In your EFI shell (hopefully you have such an option):
>>
>> version > fs0:\efi-ver.txt
>> dh -p Net > fs0:\efi-dh-net.txt
>>
>> Feel free to run it without the redirect (">") to see the results
>> yourself.  The redirects would help if you can access the files so you
>> don't need to manually transcribe the output.
>>
>> Here's some other UEFI Shell commands that may be of use:
>>
>> guid > fs0:\efi-guid.txt
>>   or     alias > fs0:\efi-alias.txt
>> dh > fs0:\efi-dh.txt
>
> Managed to install an EFI shell from here:
>  https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/blob/master/ShellBinPkg/UefiShell/X64/Shell.efi
>
> and got a dh > dh.txt
> I don't know what to do with this info so attaching it here.

Ok.  Different GUID aliases.  Line 1381 says what I see as "Net" you
likely see as "SimpleNetwork".  This handle has the necessary
"UDPv4ServiceBinding" (I see as "UDPv4Sb").

Thanks for the excellent data.  It's been a while since I looked at
the handle search code to debug this.

--
-Gene