[syslinux] core_udp_sendto: no mapping

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 15:18:01 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 6:07 PM, Joakim Tjernlund
<Joakim.Tjernlund at infinera.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2017-11-27 at 18:03 -0500, Gene Cumm wrote:

>> On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 2:14 PM, Gene Cumm <gene.cumm at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Ok.  Different GUID aliases.  Line 1381 says what I see as "Net" you
>> > likely see as "SimpleNetwork".  This handle has the necessary
>> > "UDPv4ServiceBinding" (I see as "UDPv4Sb").
>> >
>> > Thanks for the excellent data.  It's been a while since I looked at
>> > the handle search code to debug this.
>>
>> Did you ever see a "disable UseDefaultAddress" message?  The code
>> should have printed those original messages dump the new message then
>> try again at doing the network transaction.
>
> Yes, that was the last message I think. Then, after a while, it rebooted.
> I figured the names(Net vs. SimpleNetwork) to search for was standardized?

That's a partially good thing.  This says it tried to bind UDP where
we got PXE, failed, hunted for something that provides UDP on the same
MAC, found it, attempted to use the UseDefaultAddress flag, failed to
configure, and fell back to attempting to manually configure the
entire UDP datagram.  At this point, it should have just worked.

The aliases/names aren't entirely standardized and it's just a
friendly name for the GUID (which is standardized).  The aliases could
easily be localized though I believe there's only 2 common groups, the
two we see here.

Did you happen to peek at the version command?  I'm guessing it's
saying 2.0 since the UDPv4Sb is not on the same handle as the PxeBc.

--
-Gene