[syslinux] pxelinux.0 size limits?

Geert Stappers stappers at stappers.nl
Sun Oct 1 00:04:25 PDT 2017

On Sat, Sep 30, 2017 at 08:53:09PM -0400, Gene Cumm wrote:
> On Sep 30, 2017 8:47 PM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
> >
> > I've recently seen something to the effect that the pxelinux.0 boot loader
> > has some limit of 45MB.  Is this correct or some misunderstanding?
>
> No, I've loaded 90MB files.  The catch is often TFTP block number rollover.

My first thought was: Which TFTP servers are used?
( What is the name, version and platform of TFTP server where the 45MB limit is encounter? )
( What is the name, version and plafform of TFTP server that is known to server 90 MB files? )

On second thought: Use TFTP to download iPXE, continue over HTTP.

More about iPXE at http://ipxe.org/

Groeten
Geert Stappers
--