[syslinux] How do I debug com32 modules with GDB using DWARF format?

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 9 12:14:05 PDT 2017

> The only remaining problem is how to reliably find out the starting
> address of the first COM32R module, so I don't have to manually insert
> hello.c32 every time I build a different syslinux version. Any idea is
> highly appreciated, thanks.

> Tu.

meminfo.c32 ? sysdump.c32 (memmap.c ?, memory.c ?) ? debug.c32 ?

Additionally, during Syslinux 3.x, gdb support was added by Stefan
Hajnoczi (3 commits during 2008-Aug). Perhaps it is easier to simply
use version 3.x for this case (?).

I don't know whether:
 http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Development/Debugging

would actually help in practice in this case.

Regards,
Ady.