[syslinux] Boot USB:SATA:Partition4 from USBstik?

Didier Spaier didier at slint.fr
Tue Oct 17 12:17:15 PDT 2017

Hello,

Le 17/10/2017 à 18:12, eas lab via Syslinux a écrit :
> I want to be able to make a USBbootStik for my laptop, as I repeatedly
> did for the now stolen PC.
> I've got a copy of the required 2009, Slackware13 partition, saved to a
> USBdisk. And I've located the 175-line: <make bootStik script> .
>   Of course just "chroot"ing Slak13, won't allow <make bootStik>.
It should.

Just type as root:
mount /dev/sdbx /mnt # replace x with the good partition nember
mount --bind /dev  /mnt/dev
mount --bind /sys  /mnt/sys
mount --bind /proc /mnt/proc
chroot /mnt

the either:
pkgtool

or directly:
/var/log/setup/setup.80.makebootdisk

Only possible issue, a change in the naming of the removable devices,
then you would need to use UUIDs.

But why can't you boot directly Slackware 13???

Didier