[syslinux] Patches from Debian

Lukas Schwaighofer lukas at schwaighofer.name
Mon Oct 23 12:12:25 PDT 2017

Hi,

On Mon, 23 Oct 2017 17:19:43 +0000
Ady Ady via Syslinux <syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:

> When you say "new syslinux version from git", do you mean the git
> head in anonscm.debian.org/git... (Debian's source code for
> Syslinux-related packages), or rather the upstream Syslinux git head
> (in repo.or.cz... or in git.zytor.com...)?

Sorry for the confusion: I mean the syslinux git head from
git.zytor.com.

> Either way, your test's results would suggest that the problem might
> be avoided when/if:
>
> _ updating the gnu-efi submodule in Syslinux;

It fails in the `make bios` part, which does not use gnu-efi at all.

> _ changing the sort (order) within Makefiles so as to make the build
> more reproducible.

Both test builds had Debian's patches applied, so that's not it either.

> If I'm not mistaken, these 2 are the relevant differences between the
> code that triggers the FTBFS and the code that doesn't.

I've bisected the issue (building on Debian "testing" but without any
patches applied).  It is fixed by the following commit:
http://git.zytor.com/syslinux/syslinux.git/commit/?id=ff859050fa4e6535cae098dc35d88a265466448d

Regards
Lukas