[syslinux] garbage on serial console after pxelinux.0 is loaded

Gene Cumm gene.cumm at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 06:51:48 PDT 2018

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 10:20 AM, Scheie, Peter M via Syslinux
<syslinux at zytor.com> wrote:

> [...]

1) If present, always put the SERIAL directive on the first line to
ensure early processing.

2) DEFAULT should point to a LABEL to prevent some of the other warnings.

3) UI should be used to call vesamenu.c32/menu.c32 instead of DEFAULT.

4) What does dpmenu.cfg look like?  It sounds like there's other
errors.  Perhaps Mac line-end instead of Unix?  Looking back at
Syslinux-2.00's syslinux.doc (text), it would seem any version with
pxechain.com should be fine with Unix and DOS line ends.

--
-Gene