[syslinux] Any special option to debug kernel just freezing?

Michael D. Setzer II mikes at guam.net
Sat Dec 8 06:23:01 PST 2018

Use syslinux 6.03 for my g4l disk imaging project, and it works great.
Have just had a user that has a new thinkpad t440p system and it load the
syslinux, and he can select any of the various kernels included on the iso, but
it freezes at a point with no error message just stops?
Originally, the last thing
ata8: PATA max PIO4 cmd 0x170 ctl 0x376 irq 15
But I built a special kernel with all the PATA stuff removed since it wasn't
using any PATA devices.
Just changed the last thing displayed before the freeze.

Tried some failsafe kernel options that have worked in past, but same results.
Just wondering if there is some syslinux or special kernel option that I'm not
aware of that might help.

Don't have direct contact with person, and no access to the system.

Checked that machine has the latest bios, and has tried a number of options
in bios settings?

Thanks for your time, and been very happy with the syslinux since working
with this project since 2004. So, a long history of all the pieces working.