[syslinux] PXE boot img for both BIOS and EFI

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 14:42:15 PST 2018

> What about booting syslinx from GRUB2 UEFI ?
> that is instead of PXE boot from BIOS I want grub to start some syslinux binary that
> continues behaves like PXE boot.
> I want to automatise the PXE boot so I can initiate one by rebooting into GRUB go from there
>
>  Jocke

@Jocke,

I could be wrong but... You seem to be missing the fact that, in
addition to booting a local device (e.g. HDD)  syslinux.efi can be used
for network booting in UEFI mode, in a similar way as {l,}pxelinux.0 is
used for BIOS (although with much less features / capabilities, ATM).

FWIW, the Syslinux wiki includes this information.

Regards,
Ady.