[syslinux] syslinux PXE boot version upgrade, network no longer working

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 07:26:14 PST 2018

Thanks Ady.  I have to stick with stable vs. experimental but I
appreciate the Debian suggestion.

I don't mean to troll anyone, but... how is 6.03 considered stable if
it does not correctly support keeppxe?  I have to go all the way back
to 4.xx for this to be supported?  Wow.  I still couldn't find it in
the docs online where it states keeppxe doesn't work.  I have some
"detail oriented" management who wants "proof" why I have to run a
much older version of the PXE environment. *eye roll*

I'm in a catch 22 of sorts.  The older version I have from 2009 is so
old I don't see it under the OLD folder path under downloads.  That
version is starting to have trouble driving networking with some brand
new models of laptops, so I definitely have to upgrade.

Looks like 4.10 is where I need to go if I am sticking with SysLinux?

thank you,
David