[syslinux] Problem with mailing list archive?

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:13:56 PDT 2018

> The difference is send date versus delivery date.  I was rather late
> in releasing the email so it's there but just not in October.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean with "it's there"? We
are still within the same month of October, so I would had thought that
the public archive would show the email in question either in October,
or before it (I assume September, right?). I don't see the email listed
in the lists for October, but neither in September. Downloading the 2
archives (September and October) and searching them... I don't see the
email in question. So, where exactly is "there" (in "it's there")?

I guess this perhaps is not considered a critical issue(?), but IMHO
the Syslinux public archives are very important, considering that the
content of the mailing list cannot be found by any other means (i.e. we
already know that the Syslinux Mailing List is not included in a web
search, and it is also not included in any other public mail archive
service).

Even if we were to disregard the particular email in question and move
on - just to be clear, I am not suggesting such thing - could this
issue happen again in the future (perhaps with some more-relevant
content being lost)?

Thank you and Best Regards,
Ady.