[syslinux] Using wimboot with syslinux UEFI

Krajcir, Kyle E kkrajcir at purdue.edu
Thu Oct 18 12:54:12 PDT 2018

I am trying to load a WinPE boot image using wimboot, and failing. The 3 files appear to load successfully (the output "Encapsulating ... <filename>" is displayed for each file, taking a few minutes on the .wim file as expected based on the size), but then the workstation just reboots, and I don't see output after that.

Has anyone successfully loaded WinPE using wimboot with syslinux.efi? Ideas on why it's not working for me?

- boot loader is /syslinux-6.03/efi64/efi/syslinux.efi
- wimboot version 2.6.0
- menu entry:
LABEL WinPE
MENU LABEL + Windows PE
KERNEL linux.c32
APPEND wimboot gui initrdfile=bcd,boot.sdi,boot.wim

Kyle