[syslinux] Question of syslinux chainloading

Lu Wei luweitest at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 08:30:57 PDT 2019

On 4/4/19, Adan Calderon <adancalderon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Lu Wei,
>
> What Hard drive are you also trying to boot?  The first and only fixed
> drive inside a computer?
> If so would the line to boot a local HD not be:
>
> LABEL LOCAL
> MENU LABEL Local operating system in harddrive (if available)
> kernel chain.c32
> append hd0

The hard drive I want to boot is the only fixed drive in the computer,
is NTFS and can boot normally to Windows XP, with native ntldr.  Since
the usb-disk is formatted as USB-HDD, when booting from usb, hd0 is
usb-disk itself, and will return to syslinux boot menu; I tried modify
hd0 to hd1 in your line, but same as before. The screen shows:
Booting...
Error loading operating system_
Then it halts and can only press ctrl-alt-del.

Lu Wei