[syslinux] chainloading via syslinux.efi

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Fri Apr 26 07:25:33 PDT 2019

Hello,

in plain old bios mode (pxelinux.0) I have a working setup linke this:

LABEL local
  MENU LABEL OS installed on ^local disk
  MENU IMMEDIATE
  COM32 chain.c32
  APPEND hd0

LABEL stretch
  MENU LABEL Debian stable (9.x ^stretch)
  MENU IMMEDIATE
  LINUX dists/stretch/boot/vmlinuz
  APPEND rw root=/dev/ram0 initrd=/initrd-stretch.cramfs suite=stretch
  IPAPPEND 2

Now switching to syslinux.efi booting linux works fine, but I can no longer
boot the Windows 10 installation installed on the first hard disk.

Is this at all possible or do I need to reinstall Windows in BIOS mode?

Sven

--
"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly"
(Henry Spencer)

/me is giggls at ircnet, http://sven.gegg.us/ on the Web