[syslinux] Wave of <elCheapo Wintel> Laptops.

Jernej Simončič jernej.listsonly at ena.si
Sun Dec 8 09:35:38 PST 2019

On Sunday, December 8, 2019, 07:42:43, eas lab via Syslinux wrote:

> Internet reports that I'm 1-of-many victims, failing to run linux
> on new/cheap laptops. Eg. quad-Atom; connex L1470.
> What is syslinux's recomended method to overcome <WinTel's UEFI
> lockout> using a USBbootStik ?

Syslinux should work fine with UEFI (it does for me), and if for some
reason you can't disable secure boot, download the Linux Foundation
UEFI pre-loader (to use it, rename syslinux' bootx64.efi to
loader.efi, rename Foundation's preloader.efi to bootx64.efi and place
hashtool.efi in the same directory as bootx64.efi and loader.efi; the
first time you boot, HashTool will be started, select Enroll hash and
then loader.efi, then Exit, and Syslinux will start).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

Where there's a will, there's a won't.
       -- Law of Inertia