[syslinux] kernel.org repo. WAS: syslinux-6.04-pre2

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:05:05 PST 2019

> On 2/6/19 9:35 AM, Ady Ady via Syslinux wrote:
> >> however, due to the issues with continuing
> >> to keep the main archive on kernel.org, I have moved the release archive to:
> >
> > Will the archive repo in kernel.org ever be updated again?
> >
> > Will the archive repo in kernel.org be updated when some
> > potential/hypothetical/future final/gold version gets released?
> >
> > Will the git repo in kernel.org ever be updated again?
> >
> > These questions are _not_ just for simple curiosity.
> >

> That is TBD, but probably not.
>
> 	-hpa

Then perhaps, at some point, some of the references to kernel.org
should be reconsidered.

Examples:

_ doc/SubmittingPatches.txt
_ man/syslinux2ansi.1
_ man/syslinux.1

and the important ("Source0"):

_ syslinux.spec

I suspect that 'syslinux.spec' needs additional updates too
(considering the changes that RPM-based distros already perform on it,
for some time now).

Regards,
Ady.