[syslinux] Fwd: syslinux-6.03 failed to boot ESXI 6.7

Adan Calderon adancalderon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 06:26:44 PDT 2019

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Adan Calderon <adancalderon at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 9:13 AM
Subject: Re: [syslinux] syslinux-6.03 failed to boot ESXI 6.7
To: luckydog xf <luckydogxf at gmail.com>

I can share some working examples for a USB Thumb drive and  PXE servers
using chain loading, but it will take me some time.  If you are interested
in my working configs allow me some time to better document what I have
done.

Going off on a tangent with this, the source code to VMWare's version of
mboot is available when you get the source code from their site.  It's a
giant DVD ISO file; in it a file called efiboot-....tgz has it.  I did a
google search and found a file here:

https://github.com/xcat2/xcat-dep/tree/master/esxboot

It's GPL 2

In case someone want's to look at it.