[syslinux] lpxelinux.0 issues with larger initrd.img files from RHEL >= 7.5 on UCS servers?

Ady Ady ady-sf at hotmail.com
Wed May 22 08:18:25 PDT 2019

> I downloaded pxelinux and syslinux 6.04 from sid

You also need (at least) the "syslinux-common" package of the same
version, in order to obtain the core module (ldlinux.c32) and the other
*.c32 modules under the "bios" directory tree (Beware: all platforms
are included in the same binary package; make sure not to use c32
modules from UEFI platforms when you are testing lpxelinux.0). If you
didn't use the relevant binary files from that package in your tests,
then you probably were mixing binaries from different
sources/builds/versions.

I don't know how much relevant debug info you could actually get when
using the "-dhcpinfo" option of linux.c32 (see the wiki for details).

Probably what is needed here is someone with the relevant knowledge and
experience in this specific matter (genec? hpa? someone else?) in order
to guide you more specifically.

Regards,
Ady.