[syslinux] Cross-compiling syslinux on Arm

Ross Burton Ross.Burton at arm.com
Wed Jun 24 01:44:57 PDT 2020

Hi,

In an interesting reversal of the usual situation, I have an arm64 build machine that I’d like to cross-compile for x86 on.  The final problem is syslinux, which doesn’t appear to be cross-compile safe.  The initial failure is passing -mregparm=3 to the build, which is a x86-specific option.

Has anyone attempted to refactor the Makefiles so that it supports native and cross compilation properly?

Cheers,
Ross